Duis autem vel eum iriure dolor in hendrerit in vulputate velit esse molestie consequat, vel illum dolore eu feugiat nulla facilisis at vero eros et accumsan et iusto odio dignissim.
- John Smith, Canada
Open Joomla Weather module parameters in Extensions > Module Manager > HOT Weather. You'll see that some default parameters are already there. However, you should change some of them to accomodate module for usage on your site.
- DISPLAY TYPE: Select wheter to show weather conditions as a small widget with current weather conditions or as a 3D animation with weather forecast.
- UNITS: Select wether to show temperature as Farenheit or Celsius degrees.
- LOCATION: Enter ZIP code if you want to show weather for an USA location, or follow instructions to obtain city codes for other countries.
For locations outside of the USA
This module can show weather for (almost) all locations worldwide. However, you must enter your city code, not city name in the module parameters. To obtain your city code, please do the following:
- Go to http://www.weatherlet.com and type your city name in search box. Weather conditions for this city will be shown. Make sure it's the location you need.
- Open source code of the weather conditions page (Firefox: CTRL+U, IE: Right-click on page > View Source).
- Around line 150 of the source code, find line that looks like this:
<param name="movie" value="http://www.weatherlet.com/weather.swf?locid=XXXXXXXX&unit=s" />
In this line, XXXXXXXX is city code that you are looking for. Copy this code in module parameters to get weather conditions for your city.